Tuesday, October 28, 2008

For fear of shocking everyone too much...yes, I am blogging again! Well, to be fair, I did blog about the house last year (wreck&rebulid), but now life is about to take on another turn, I thought I'd see if I can keep up a blog for the 1st few months of our little baby's life!

This is just day 2 of mat leave, so can't really comment on how that's going yet. Working up to 38 & half weeks was tough going towards the end, but will give us as much time as a family after the birth, and also meant I could easily keep active. Getting in and out of the car was becoming more and more amusing, especially in tight spaces. Still think that turning side ways should make it easier to get through little gaps, but of course, that isn't the case at all! I'm much front to back now, so turning side ways on has just lead to many a work blouse having grey marks across the bump! I have also noticed that there is a tendency for any food droplets to fall directly on to bump.........I understand now why my Dad's shirts always have marks in the same place!!!

I did the sin of weighing myself while at the midwife's last week. They don't weigh you as routine round here, and I was curious as to the amount I'd put on. Although people are very kind saying I look well, and most speculating on the bump being male ("as you're carrying it all it the front"....what ever relevance that had....would amuse me greatly to tell the world it's a girl............... but we don't know yet!!!), you do start to feel like the proverbial beached whale. I have put on about 2 stone...........how much of that is baby I wonder??!! Too late to worry now, so may as well have afternoon tea and a lammington I made on Sunday! Besides, I've been getting varying strengths and frequencies of braxton hicks since about 5 months (mainly when on the cross trainer at the gym back then.....haven't been to the gym for awhile!!), so I'm hoping that this will mean my stomach muscles will be amazingly toned once I've given birth!!! If anyone has ever tried those stupid electrode things you can use to excersise your tummy muscles, you'll have an idea of what BH's feel like and some days I feel I've done about 100 sit ups!

With weather as it is today (it's been snowing here for a while, although now turning to sleet and looking decidedly horrid outside) I'm so glad to be here in the warm. Great plans for before the baby comes are to make some Christmas cards; maybe visit one the NCT girls who's having twins and is getting very bored at home; and read a bit??

Craig is getting quite impatient. However, he still hasn't quite finished his bro in law to be's kitchen, so until he's done that, this baby is staying put..........!!

No comments: