Wednesday, May 19, 2004

So, I've officially launched my websites for the New York Marathon..the countdown starts here!!

Fundraising has had an amazing start with £254.87 (which includes almost £55 of gift aid), so thanks to anyone reading who has pledged so far...and if you haven't...why not??!!

Training is slow but the true marathon training starts about 3 months before the event, so August then. Currently the furthest I've run is 6 miles, but that was hard and I did start to get some blisters, even with my super duper trainers from Hall Green running shop..so some adaptions may need to be made...spare feet might be good!

On Friday last week I did my usual 3 mile circuit, and I felt dead...great motivation!! As I'm in a positive mind frame, I decided not to be put off and that I would be more determined, and managed a 4 mile run on Saturday, although I did have to stop for 2 reasons.

a/ the view was great (I was running on part of the North Worcestershire Way and could see the lovely rolling hills of Worcestershire to my right and the gorgeous city skyline on my left...well I think its a lovely view, people's opinions differ on that!!)

b/ I got lost! Well, I expected the path to be well sign posted, but it wasnsn't. My trainers got quite wet and muddy too, which wasn't great.

I really need to gradually increase my distance (a mile at a time my coach reckons...thanks Ms Haigh for that advice!!) and I need to vary my routes, but running over uneven ground is a recipie for disaster I think and likely to end in me with a sprained ankle or twisted knee, so care is needed!! I don't mind running on the roads though, but buses tend to get annoyed if I us the bus lane!!!

From now on, this is an official NY marathon Blog (but might digress from time to time!!)

No comments: